Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Grunge & Text


organ: f/3.5; 1/25; Canon EOS 40D
wall paper: f/7.1; 1/30; Canon EOS 40D
music: brief overview...I first made the frame using the rectangle tool, each a different layer. I originally was going to blend the texture with the photo, but later tried it on the frame. I liked this better. In order to add the texture I selected pixels from the texture's channel and dragged them over and then lowered the opacity. The last steps were adding the photo and text.





stove: f/2.8; 1/25; Canon EOS 40D
texture: f/2.8; 1/1000; Canon EOS 40D

bannack ghost town: brief overview...I began this one by adding a New Fill Layer and choose to lay a brownish color over my image. As I blended the two by lowering the opacity it made it antique like. Afterwards I added a texture like I did in my previous one. I added the splotchy edge using the Quick Mask Mode and roughening the edges with brushes. Adding text was my last step.

3 comments:

  1. very nice editing on the oven! I love that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the 2nd "grunge" photo. The colors remind me of something in the 70s. I think it could be cool too if you changed the words "ghost town" into a creepy font!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shot with the organ! I love the boarder and text you added. The original image is grate as well!

    ReplyDelete